Wednesday, October 21, 2015

10 Make-It-Yourself Birthday Cakes that WOW!

October 14th was National Dessert Day. A holiday I can totally get into!
However, I missed it! I flaked and I completely missed it!
I know, right?! It's not like me at all! I love to celebrate everything... especially food!

Lots of exclamation points there. Because... well... dessert.
I missed celebrating my mostest favoritest foods ever! *sigh*

To make up for my horrible dessert-related oversight and in honor of my oldest guy's birthday this week, I've compiled a list of 10 awesome, anyone-can-make-them birthday cakes that really WOW!

Meringue Dream Cake
Meringue Dream Cake via Sweetapolita

Polka Dot Cake
Your guests will be asking "How did you get the colorful polka dots in the cake?". The secret is to place baked multi-colored cake circle cut-outs in a white cake batter then bake the white cake layers.:

Funfetti Cake
Funfetti Cake

Salted Caramel Apple Snickers Cake
Salted Caramel Apple Snickers Cake | halfbakedharvest.com @hbharvest

Blackberry Cake
Packed with one of the classic flavors of summer, a slice of this Fresh Blackberry Cake is the perfect treat for the end of a hot day!

Pinata Cake
Don’t judge a cake by its cover! Especially not a Piñata cake :) #pinata #pinatacake

Mint Chocolate Chip Cake


Salted Caramel Ice Cream Cake
salted caramel ice cream cake

Ombre Whopper Cake
Ombre Whopper Cake from WhipperBerry #cake #baking #ombre #dessert

Fringe Cake


HAPPY BAKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment