Monday, November 17, 2014

Tissue Paper... A Party's Best Friend

I've always had a bit of a problem with tissue paper. An obsession, really. I can never bring myself to toss it out when I get a gift bag filled with it or when a store wraps up my breakables with something even remotely tissue paper-y. And shopping in Target? Fuhgedaboudit! I almost always come home with a new color or pattern! (I know you know what I'm talking about!) But, there're only so many gifts I can wrap so I've had a little bit of a tissue-paper-overflow for the past few years (insert husband's eyeroll). So, I've been on the hunt for how else to put this stash to work... project time!

First, let me say - I know tissue paper poms are super popular right now and, apparently, super easy to make but, honestly, I don't think they're terribly pricey to purchase so unless I want colors/patterns I can't find online or in the stores, those won't be making my to-make list :-)

But, these fun projects did make the list...

Tissue Paper Tassel Garland
These have been popping up everywhere over the past year! I found this how-to on Linen, Lace & Love blog and, honestly, I can't believe I've waited so long to try it out!



Lace Paper FansI'm totally loving these! They'd be much more delicate than the store-bought ones but they're also much cuter!! My favorite part? When you make these, you're doing double-duty... fans AND confetti! Woot Woot! (Found on Oh Happy Day's Blog)




Fringe Banner
Another (even easier!) banner! And, from who else but Martha Stewart herself...

mld105589_0510_party10a.jpg

And while I was browsing around on Oh Happy Day, I found these...

DIY Geometric Lanterns
 LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! (bonus - check out the pleated streamer idea!)




And one last (more complicated) project...

Tissue Paper Wisteria 
Absolutely divine! I'm not normally one to recommend complicated or time-consuming DIY party projects because why waste time and effort on something considered one-time-use, right? But these are lovely and definitely re-purposeable! They won't store well, but once you seem them, there's no way you'll want to store them... hang them in your bedroom for a romantic touch or in a window for a summery accent. (Found on Honest to Nod blog)
Blog_Tissue_Wisteria_Step_11

Well, that should keep us all busy for a while!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment